Entering The Tabernacle
"I will enter his gates with thanksgiving in my heart"
The tabernacle had three sections that were all entered by a door.
1. The court - Anybody was permitted to enter the court, Ex 40:28-29, Le 1:1-3, Ps 5:7, Ps 84:2-10, Ps 100:4. They however; were not permitted to enter the holy place.
2. The holy place - The priest, Aaron's sons were permitted to enter the holy place, Le 1:1-17, He 9:6.
3. The holy of holies - Only the high priest were permitted to enter the holy of holies, Le 16:1-34, He 9:7 (they were permitted once a year).
To better understand this we need to look at the above three places as symbols.
1. The court - the world
2. The holy place - the church
3. The holy of holies - heaven
Knowing that the only way to get inside was through a door; we need to fully understand the meaning of a door. A door is an opening or entrance, an access to God. To enter these types of doors is the same as a birth of some kind.
1. The birth of flesh - we enter the world
2. The new birth - we enter the church
3. The birth from the grave - we enter heaven
Therefore, our attitude should be one of humility and reverence when we enter the tabernacle. We are crossing over or birthing into something new and exciting. We now have access to places we were once denied - don't blow it! Let's have the same mind as David.
"I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the Lord"
Peace and blessings be unto you.
Christian Education Ministry
Inside The Tabernacle
Church History * The Vision * Ministries * Media Ministry * Pastor's Perspective
Order of Service * Calendar * Directions * Bible Trivia * Guest Book
Return to home page